"The benefits of Ayat Al-Kursi are:
1. Holy prophet (SAWW) said: whoever recites the first 4 ayats of Surat Al Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayahs of Surat el Baqarah, will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Satan will not come near him and he will not forget the Qur'an.
2.. In Ayatul Kursi there are 50 words and for each word there are 50 blessings and good in it.
3. One who recites Ayatul Kursi every morning will be in the protection, safety of Allah until the night.
4. If one ties this to ones wealth or children, they will be safe from Satan
5. Our Holy Prophet (SAWW) has said: These things increase ones memory: sweets, meat of an animal near the neck, Adas (Lentils), cold bread and recitation of Ayatul Kursi.
6. For those of our dear ones who have passed away, recitation of Ayatul Kursi and giving it as Hadiya to them, gives them light (noor) in the grave.
7. Frequent recitation makes ones own death easy.
8. When leaving home, if one recites it once, the Almighty has one group of Angels to come and protect you. If recited twice, 2 groups of Angels are assigned to do this. If recited 3 times Allah tells the Angels not to worry as the Almighty Himself takes care of him.
9. The Holy Prophet has said: If one recites Ayatul Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to come and look after you and protect
10. When one is alone in the house, recitation of Ayatul Kursi and asking Allah for help will make you remain calm and you will not fear.
11. The Holy Prophet has said: When leaving home,if one recites Ayatul Kursi, then Allah will send 70,000 Angels to do Istighfaar for him until he returns home, and upon his return Poverty will be removed from him.
12. If one recites this after performing Wudhoo, the 5th Imam Hadhrat Imam Muhammad Baqir (AS) has said: Allah will give him a reward of 40 years of Ibadaat, his position will be raised in the Heavens 40 times (levels) and will marry him to 40 Horains.
13. One who recites it after every prayer, their salaat will be accepted, they will remain in the safety of the Almighty and He will protect them.
14. Allah told Prophet Musa (AS): If one recites it after every salaat, the Almighty will make his heart a thankful one (Shakireen), will give him a reward of the prophets, and his deeds will be like those of the truthful (Siddiqeen).
15. To increase light or vision (noor) in the eyes, recite Surat el Alhamd once, then Ayatul Kursi and then once the following dua:- "U-eedhu nora basaree binuril lahi alladhi la yutfaa", "I seek refuge for the light of my eyes by the light of Allah(SWT), which does not become extinguished"."From: http://www.jafariyanews.com/articles/29_ayatalkursi.htm
This actually isn't one we're memorizing currently because all of us (in my family) already know it but Ayat Alkursi is wonderful ayah to learn and memorize, and it has MANY MANY benefits...
"اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاو ;َاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm, lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-'ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard, wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma Wa Huwal 'Aliyul-Adheem
[Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]"
1. By the dawn;
The memorization went pretty well, I got the ayahs memorized pretty good! :D
And before I forget...HAPPY EID!!!!
عيد سعيد و كل عام و انتم بخير
Eid mubarak!!! :D I hope you and your family have a wonderful eid, with Allah's blessing.
The English translation of surat Ibrahim ayat 20-23:
Posted by Malekat_el7oriya at Sunday, November 30, 2008
Welcome to my blog! :D
At home we are starting to memorize bits of the Quraan at a time, so I'll keep checking in for sometime telling what we're starting to memorize and translations in english of the ayah
Please read, comment on anything you like and/or follow my blog
Posted by Malekat_el7oriya at Saturday, November 29, 2008