Snow days and shaytaan whisperings...

The alarm clock flashed 6:15 and I could hear my mom's footsteps going up the stairs nearing my room. A couple seconds later, she came into my room and told me that there would be a two hour delay for school. It took me a minute to comprehend what she had said but as soon as she told me I jumped (well I was still in bed) for joy! And then I tried to go back to sleep...but I could barely close my eyes, I could hear a gentle tapping on the roof, that I took to be rain. I tried to close my eyes, but nothing happened, I was almost wide awake. I stared at the clock again, it now read 6:35. I needed to get up and pray, but somehow I was stuck to bed, I couldn't get myself to hop out of the comfortable, warm blanket. The minutes ticked away, and I knew I had to make wudu and pray fajr, before time ran out, but shaytaan is wicked, he whispered and told me I could sleep and pray later. But suddenly a horrible, stinging pain struck me on my side, I couldn't even move, I clutched my side and almost started to cry. I jumped out of bed and ran to make wudu, I ran water over the necessary places and as fast as the pain started, it went away. I sighed out of relief and made my way back to my room to pray...

0 thoughts: