you're jealous

My will power isn't doing too well. I'm fasting. Just because...and i still have 2 more hours. I was fasting yesterday too. I made it through but i was dying of thirst and hot. I said i was thirsty atleast 30 times yesterday but today's better. :) we're on summer vacation!! Actually school was over since June 5th but i didn't tell you, I didn't want all the little people upset at me cuz i finished school and they're still sweating through exams.
I'm PSYCHED! GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT???

My brother and I are leaving for EUROPE on Sunday!!!!! We're going to da Netherlands YO! :D
You're jealous!!! YOU ARE JEALOUS! YESSSSSS YOU ARE! hahah. suckers. lol. So far i know how to say................ nothing in dutch. But oh well. Because you know what? YOU know WHAT?? Money speaks every language :) hahha. And you know why you're even MORE jealous? Because it's Hijab heaven there. It'll be such a change from living here in the states. Out here, there's nothing in store except a bathing suits, and...short shorts....and tank tops and bathing suits....
but when some genius discovers how to use these items and make them hijabified will be the day I will LOVE living in the U.S.:

3 Summer Essentials "Hijabified"

BATHING SUITS!!
----->

EXTREMELY SHORT SHORTS:

------> add acouple things:


TIGHT TANKTOPS!!



------->

Modest huh??


Give them a try :)

I hope the sarcasm doesn't get lost over the web when i hit the "Publish Post" button

17 thoughts:

Ldn.Hijabi said...

Lol, be careful..The Netherlands is where that weird nationalist dude is trying to ban Muslims..

Have fun,

Salaams x

Malekat_el7oriya said...

Omygosh really?
he's trying to ban muslims?

eek there goes my happiness
lol.
thanks though :)

Umm Omar said...

Have a great time! Sounds exciting! But wait, why is it "hijab heaven" there? I missed that. And your modifications to those outfits are cute, but I don't know about jeans for a swimsuit! :p

Nur Mawaddah Mohd Shah said...

wow cool!:) happy holidays. and if you dont mind, mabe u can post some pics,hehe

xoxo, nadia said...

UNFAIR.
I haven't even started my exams. Take me with you PLEASE hahahaha.

Yeah, why is it hijab heaven over there?

Have a safe trip and loads of fun yea?

Lydia said...

Good luck with your fast.
Your blog is a faithful and delightful place for someone who isn't Muslim to come and read and be friends. That is wonderful.

Have a safe and happy trip!

Anonymous said...

Salam sister,


Hope you'll have fun in Netherlands, InsyaAllah, His blessings will be with you and your family always. Amin.

Take care & do update after you come back from holiday.


Siti Nur Nabilah
Singapore

Candice said...

lol ;)

Asmi's Journal said...

Aw, why am I always late in commenting? D:

Anyway, Masha Allah, Malekat that you were able to fast two days in a row! yay!

Lol at the impossible hijabifications ;P

And have a great trip! <3

Nevin said...

hey! LUCKYYYY
hope you have an ausome time there! hahaha those modifications on clothes is funny! [especially the swim suit lol]take care! [and dont forget to load pictures of ur trip]

nur haziraa said...

salam,
sister,
i like ur style! keep update,,love you,

maassalamah=)


regards,
hazirah,
malaysia

Stacy K. said...

Hijab heaven eh? If you lived in Minneapolis you would have no trouble finding hijabs or long skirts. The only problem is that you will find yourself owning too many after awhile. Have fun on your trip!

<3 Seedi-Sami<3 said...

oooo iiiii loveee the modifications :P

loll
have a lovely holidayy

nd hope ur fast went well :D
tek care sis

salaaams

daisy sunshine said...

assalamualaikum..hi! have a greaaaat summer holiday :) thankyou for following me, i love your blog

ModestJustice said...

OOh netherlands?

Exciiitting!
But now I hate you because I was hoping on going on a europe trip this summer but instead I have to work (alhamdulillah that I got a job in the first place!) and yes, money speaks every language B) lol

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikom,
"You're jealous!!!"

Yes I am!!!

:P

Actually, no, masha'Allah, alhamdulillah, I'm glad you get a European vacation. But yes, I would like to have one of my own one day (insha'Allah) but probably not for a long time yet!

A lot of Dutch people speak English well, so there you go. But where is it hijab heaven there? I'm picturing the pot cafes and the ...red light district ladies... and wondering where is it that there are a lot of Muslims in the Netherlands? Interesting!

Enjoy the time there, and post pictures when you return!

Anonymous said...

LOL, wouldn't it be incredibly hard to swim in jeans?? It's really hard to "hijabify" a swim suit. What I do is I take a one piece swimsuit with a skirt for the bottom part (about mid thigh--maybe a little shorter), I wear leggings (sometimes you can find leggings that are similar to swim suit material) and one of those stretchy polyester long sleeve athletic shirts underneath. Then I wear a one piece hijab or a swim cap.
Yeah, I understand it's pretty tight, but wallahi it's really hard here in the USA to find anything better. And I'm only 15.