Soothing thoughts



At night before I go to sleep, I think about my life. Like a dream, hazy memories flash back in my mind. I'm living in a blessing. Happiness and sorrow, join together. I have to remember that life is nothing but a test. A beautiful day with blossoming flowers and twittering birds. A mother to greet me joyfully when i wake. A strong father guiding me through life. taking me one step at a time. A brother I learn from. Experience. And love bind us together. that alone is a blessing I am granted. One that I cannot thank Allah enough for. Days pass by, hours. Sometimes being alive is enough to make me happy. Footsteps in Islam. One foot in front of the other, we learn to crawl, to walk, to talk, to grow, and with every day we spread the message of Islam. From Prophet Adam to a baby child born today. islam is like a torch. When a muslim falls he hands the torch to the next muslim. Islam is a flame of truth. yet unlike fire, it will never die down. Islam itself will never fall. The beauty of prayer, the tears and the paths. The choices, the soothing words. The quran recited puts me in awe. Imagine. These words were the exact same as the ones the Prophet Muhammad (sala Allahou alayhi wa salam) recited. Perfect. words. Speaking the truth. Guiding whomever will listen. Whomever will open his heart to perfection, to bliss, to the truth of man's existence. Every muslim child born knows Allah. is pure. And perfect. yet the beauty is not only in knowing Allah. But getting closer to Him. In actions. in words. In thoughts. Every second that passes happens with Allah's permission. Every leaf that falls. Every breath we take in this world would not be possible, without Allah's powerful knowledge and consent.
Everyone is safe when they have Allah in their heart. It is a comfort to know that nothing will happen to you that Allah hasn't written. In Surah Baqarah verse 286:


Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability; for it is (the benefit of) what it has earned and upon it (the evil of) what it has wrought: Our Lord! do not punish us if we forget or make a mistake; Our Lord! do not lay on us a burden as Thou didst lay on those before us, Our Lord do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength to bear; and pardon us and grant us protection and have mercy on us, Thou art our Patron, so help us against the unbelieving people.

Just knowing that gives those who believe in Allah comfort and ease. Whatever problems and hardships befall you, be assured that you CAN in fact handle it. Allah would never give a human something more that they can bear.

Surah 94

Al-Inshirah

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

Have we not opened your breast,
and removed your burden
which had left you devoid of hope,
And exalted your fame?
Surely after hardship there is ease.
After hardship indeed there is ease.
So when you are free, work diligently
and turn your Lord with all your love.


With these thoughts in mind and soothing memories running through my mind, I lay down in
.bed and fall asleep

10 thoughts:

Asha said...

Awww you write so well masyaAllah! Cannot stop reminding you that :)

That is true sis, Allah will never give us something we cannot handle. But often, people don't want to try harder and they just give up easily..

Asmi's Journal said...

Wow, Malekat! Those were indeed very soothing thoughts! <3. I should do that before I go to bed. Usually I fall asleep wherever I am and someone has to wake me up and take me to bed. Lol. Masha Allah! Your post was really touching! :,)

~ Muhasabah ~ said...

Assalamu'alaykum sister,

Your post is really good. I tought you are older than you are. I am in college, and if I am not wrong...you are in school, am I right? ;)

How old are you sister?

Anonymous said...

another touching post...you are incredible malekat!

Lalaa said...

Omg that was soo beautiful!WOw subhanaAlllah :D

NoR said...

salaam,

beautiful post. :)


do visit my humble blog :)

Jana said...

Beautiful pics mashallah!

Hijabis On Ranting Tour. said...

Subhana'Allah sis you right sooo well!! :)

Oh and I do that too (thinking about life before gng to bed ) :)

Masha'Allah lovely post sis!

A'qilah

Anne Marie said...

Masha'allah...very nice words. Beautifully written.

Stacy K. said...

MashaAllah you have some beautiful and thought provoking thoughts. This life is so short and fleeting, it is truly just a test and a shadow of what is to come.