Thoughts from the heart 2

I walked into the orchestra room for class. We were going to be watching "The Pink Panther" because it was a Friday and we weren't going to play our instruments. We all sat down on the floor- our class consists of me, Essence (a close friend), a boy named Zach, a boy named Zaw, a baoy named Abbass (another Islam ditcher), a boy named Chad, a girl named Quamiya and a girl named Dontasia. And 10 minutes late as usual was Bryan. I say "as usual" for his tardiness because he always walks his girlfriend to class and then he comes to Orchestra. But anyways, after we settle down and start watching Pink Panther, Bryan gets drowsy. After some questions, Essence and I discover that he's drunk. DRUNK. And he's like 14 years old. In the morning he had put beer in his soda bottle, and drank it all, except for a little bit. I take the bottle of beer and soda and throw it in the trashcan, with him telling me not to. Essence and I test just how drunk he is by asking him to point to his nose or say the ABC's. He can't. Instead of touching his nose, he touches his cheeks or mouth. Oh God! Are you kidding me?! Drunk at 14? Me and Essence do all knds of things like puch him to see if he can feel or make him count to 10. Then I look over at Essence and tell her, "I hope this will make you think twice before you ever drink in the future."
"Ya, or else I might end up like this retard over here," she says pointing to brayan.
I say something like, " I mean am I the only one who's in a religion where all kinds of drugs and alcohol are forbidden?!"
Essence says, "Well no, like drugs are forbidden in Christianity and stuff but they say red wine is good for you or somehting because it has antioxidants or something like that..."
Then I go into this whole discussion about being able to find antioxidants in other things so why red wine?
Then the drunk person A.K.A bryan looks over and says that he's a Christian too.
Essence says, " Umm...nno you're not, they'd like kick you out of Church if you said that. I mean you're DRUNK!"
Then I say, " I'm glad muslims aren't even allowed to drink and go on drugs."
Bryan says," I have to try that religion."
he was drunk. And I'm sure he didn't even mean it. But still. There might be hope.

~~~~~~ An hour later~~~~~

I walk down to the gym for P.E. class and later wish I hadn't. The teachers had gathered all 60-some or more boys and girls on the bleachers. You know how boys and girls have like certain "cliques" they're in, well that's what it's like. The boys mainly have 2 cliques: "The cool pervs that hang around chics" and the "uncool, unpopular/nerds". But it's really wrong, because most of the boys who end up in the "uncool" group are really actually cool. They're nice and funny. But they don't know that. Luis was one of the many that had been sorted automatically in the 'uncool/nerdy" group. Which isn't true for him because when I got to know him in the beggening of the school year, my first reaction was "Wow! he's so funny and awesome!" But now he's totally changed like most eveyrone has. He wants to be "cooler " and hang out with the "cool" little "chics" and the "cool" pervert boys. This is the worst thing he's ever done. Today in gym he came over to the girls and started giving them numbers. Numbers that rated them on THEIR BODY PARTS. What the hell?! WHy would someone do that? I mean....
And the worst problem is half the girls enjoyed it, and some really didn't care. Like when a girl got called to go up to the office for early dissmissal, Luis yelled across the gym "BE PROUD OF YOUR 6!"
And she laughed. She didn't try to scorn or ignore him, Nothing.
And I wasn't excluded from this body part "rating" either. My hijab and loose jeans and jacket didn't do anything. It didn't stop them from degrading me. So I wonder what happens to the girls dressed in tight, tight jeans and body-hugging shirts.
It just pissed me off-it made me absolutley FURIOUS that these boys- these "supposedly cool" boys filled their time with games like these. How true the words of Allah (s.w.t) were when He says,
"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

4 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Oh hunni this is just the begining......drugs, pregnancy, alcohol, boys, clubs, parties its all coming but you have to belive in your self enough to know that your above all of that ur a strong proud young muslima who wont get sucked into all of that be strong and hang in there hunni ull come out one hellofa girl!!

scarletadyant said...

Keep touch your friends but still stay away out of the circle is better...

tracee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brishti said...

I personally think that it's because of these pervert boys that the Muslim girls are often pressured to do full Niqab and are trapped in many cultural boundaries.