Where muslim girls stand.


What thoughts pop into your head when you see these pictures? Do I really need to make a post about it? lol. okay fine. THE HIJAB *dannannaananaaaaaa*
First of all I just want to say this post is BY FAR NOT JUDGING ANYONE. NOR is it saying that muslim girls should all be forced to wear hijab, because muslims who don't wear a hijab can still be modest and better than muslims who do wear the scarf. I understand that the hijab is a choice, and is hard to start wearing, I've gone through it all myself, and if you're a new convert or a young muslimah(teehee) then I totally understand, i guess I just don't believe in the whole "The hijab is in my heart" argument. My personal opinion, you are not in any way entitled to it. :)
In the Quran:
Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity of them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: they should not display their ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty...." Surah An-Nur 24 ayah 31

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, I guess the hijab isn't what I wanted to really focus on in this post, i had something different in mind, but that was just a quick run-through.
Anyways there are just some people in life who irk me to the point where I just want to slap them, but of course I don't do that. What I'm talking about is when you see a muslim girl dressed in the tightest pair of jeans she owns and the most revealing tanktop she can buy. Her face is completely caked in make up and she walks around flicking her hair right and left and right and left until the person watching just gets completley dizzy and feels like throwing up. And of course this scene is never completed unless she has some boy drooling over her. And I swear if you tell me that this boy is in love with her because of her kindness and what's inside her heart, then please hit that red X on the top right (or the red circle on the rop left for mac-users) and go away. We all know what this boy is fooled by.Then she has the nerve to call herself muslim. My question: What is her connection to islam? What makes her a muslim and not a christian or jew or hindu or buddhist or atheist? And please don't say she believes in Allah, cuz CLEARLY CLEARLY that is not the case. No, but what's funnier is her going home 3 hours later, saying that she was in the Library doing homework. Really now?! OOOH no what's REALLY funnier is her praying after 5 minutes, standing in front of Allah asking for forgiveness, when the next day and the day after and after she's gonna keep doing the same thing. She's gonna go out and party and dance and drink. Ya RIGHT! Your prayers are really gonna get answered. I mean how many of you has seen something like that? For me, I've seen too many for my own liking. I mean, dating absolutley DISGUSTS me, it makes me throw up. Sure, there was a stage in my life where I wanted to rebel, but I never got even close to dating.*shudder*
Anyways, quick post, please leave your comments and thoughts and it's okay to disagree with me, as long as you're polite about it, coz this is MY blog. :)
Hope you all are in the best of health and iman. May Allah bless you.

11 thoughts:

Muslimah2Muslimah said...

I'm sure we've all seen this before, sis... my only advice is to pray for them and if the girl is going home and praying, I would think that is a VERY big step! Personally when I wasn't wearing hijab and would go out and party, I certainly wasn't even THINKING about praying! However, now I pray every prayer on time, masha'allah. It is all about learning and growing up. Alhamdulillah you were fortunate enough to be at a higher stage of Iman than some of us... Just know that we are all different and if this is a friend of yours jus try to set a positive example and you will be surprised when you see her begin to change!

Hijabis On Ranting Tour. said...

I've seen a handful of them in my life. The thing is, it's worse if these girls are Hijabees. I've met a handful of sisters who wear the Hijab but are dressed in the tightest Jeans and the most fitting top and some on them attach a million and one pins on their hijab to make even that look fitting.
not judging here but what is the purpose of the hijab then? why wear the hijab when you don't bother to dress modestly?
Somehow I feel that these people are those who wear it not for Allah rather for the sake of wearing it. Because we clearly know that by dressing up that way yet you wear the hijab; isn't what Allah wants from us. Great post sister!
Oh and I agree with muslimah2muslimah
why pray if you wanna go clubbing? lol.

-A'qilah Saiere-

Anonymous said...

and adding to the subject that matters,don't you think it's funny when a self proclaimed "muslim" tries his/her best to outdo one another doing every single thing that is "haram" like not wearing hijab or dressing immodestly or not praying the 5 wajib prayers at all..but when it comes to food..they insist on the "halal" ones only(??)funny really.

lala said...

I gotta agree with Hijabis on Ranting Tour. I knew a girl who was very flirtatious, dressed immodestly, etc. who became a hijabi. I was so happy for her and I still have great hopes for her, but I was shocked at the same time. The day before she started wearing hijab she was flirting like crazy and like nothing had changed. I know some habits are hard to break so I really hope Allah swt grants her ease in becoming a stricter Muslimah and hijabi because I think it sends the wrong message to a lot of people! I think it leaves people thinking, "oh she doesnt shake my hand but she will and she will hug guys too? it must be steeped in culture"

Yasemin said...

May Allah reward you Sweet Malekat. I am so proud of you for your disinterest in dating and how your not going to be one those Muslim Student Association type girls with tight jeans and a hoodie.

Hopefully, these types of girls will realize it's not to late to change. Love you little sis!'

Umm Omar said...

You seem very mature, masha'Allah. This is a definite problem in our ummah today. And the two pictures you posted almost brought tears to my eyes because it's such a stark contrast and such a sad reality for us. Our girls have lost their self-esteems and respect for themselves. And their numbers are multiplying every day.

I, however, never claim these girls are not Muslim and if they're still praying, hey, that's great. At least they're holding onto something. Scholars can tell us what prayers are valid or invalid, but can never tell us what's accepted because that is in Allah's Hands (swt). If one of these prayers by these girls is accepted by Allah, you never know how it can change and help them.

scarletadyant said...

it's better to wear hijab physically and iman

Hijabis On Ranting Tour. said...

lol you are so right princess
i did a post about being comfortable in ur own muslim skin
ie nt being ashamed to be a muslim and tempted 2 do weird things
anyways u have a cool blog
i sgall definetly visit more often
enjoy de snow :)
salaamz
naz

Unknown said...

I agree with you accept for the the part where you mentioned about the non-hijabi "having the nerve to call herself muslim".

Not wearing the Hijab is not what makes someone leave the fold of Islam.

Actually, the people who say, "Hijab is not wajib" are the ones that have left the fold of Islam.

sarvesh said...

Its sad that just because 1400 years back a barbaric person asked his wives(which were more than 4) to cover themselves because his lusty followers were looking at them, makes every Muslim women to dress like a tent. As per Quran women should be beaten by husband if they don't obey him,a women's testimony is considered half that of man, why?
But sadly women still think Quran is from god, so surrender their right to men as per Quran. :(

qali said...

omg thank u finally SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS me ive seen this happen soo many times n i see everyone around completely ok wit it i lost hope n thought i was the only one
thank Allah ive found some1 who gets
and what makes it the worst is when they go home and change back into more "islamic" looking cloths and lie in front of there parents telling them they wore the hijab all day its gotton to the point where girls i know start changing when there walking to the bus stop inside the bus i honestly dont know what to do ive lost all respect and hope 4 them may Allah lead them to the right path