Pondering...

First of all I wanted to thank you all for the sweet comments you added on my last post. :) i love you all!
Anyways I was just talking to a friend on the phone yesterday when she told me she was "yuyu". Because she said something and then was like "Oh, I just made fun of Christians". After that I was like "Wait but aren't you christian?" and she told me that she actually wasn't, she was a religion called "yuyu." I asked her what it was and she explained to me. So apparently it is a group of people who don't believe in the strictness of their religion or believe in scientific evidence rather than having a God. But they also believe all reigions are correct/right/true. That's really all I could understand because she didn't seem like she wanted to tell me much about it. So I kinda kept quiet and didn't aske alot of questons because she said that once she told 2 of her friends that she was "yuyu" and they had stopped talking to her cuz they were strict christians and were mad at her for not believing there was a God.

But anyways after we hung up, questions came rushing to my head. This is what I was wondering:

1. If they believe that all religions are true, then why not take one up? I mean like instead of being religion-less.

2. And if they believe all religions are true and those religions believe in God, then how would they think they were true if they themselves didn't believe in God?

3. Why did they celebrate Christmas and all other christian holidays, if they weren't christian?

4. And since they're not christian why celebrate christian holidays and not other holidays of different religion?

5. Do they pray/go to church or something?

6. What kind of scientific evidence could they provide about the creation of the world and other miracles?

I don't know these are just some of my questions that I would be thinking of. If you know the answers to any of these please feel free to educate me! And by the way, I'm not sure if that's how you spell "yuyu" it might be a different spelling I'm not sure.

3 thoughts:

Umm Omar said...

You raise good points!

Anne Marie said...

Salam alaikum. I've never heard of this. I especially wonder, also, how they can believe all religions are true and they themselves not believe in God. Wonder if your friend has ever pondered these thoughts!

Anonymous said...

the truth is that sooooooooooo many people that celebrate christian hoidays arnt acctually christian!