Walk to Karbala-for Imam Hussein

Millions of people are making their way to Karbla, Iraq to visit the shrine of Imam Hussein on this day, it has been 40 days since the day he was killed. Imam Hussein was killed 1300+ years ago, and still people are grieving over his cruel death. Our family has been watching the people walk towards Karbala from their many destinations (Baghdad, Najaf, Basra, Mosul and even outside Iraq). The people, all ages, races, men women, children, handicaps walk to visit the shrine or tomb of Imam Hussein. Their destination is pictured below. Here are the pictures I have found:



This is their destination, where Imam Hussein is buried

Raising flags of moarning, ahead is the tomb of Imam Hussein

Karbala; the destination of millions


Gathered together in karbala

A gathering of woman greiving for Imam Hussein



Walking to Karbala

8 thoughts:

ellen557 said...

I wish I was there! :( I noticed that you were following my blog... thanks so much for that ^_^ I like yours too!

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu visit your blog

ModestJustice said...

Oh wow, they worship him nearly like a prophet, astagfurillah

But I'm sure Kerbala is a great place to be, that should be on my list to visit right after Mecca :D

By the way sister, I've tagged you on my blog
^_^

Malekat_el7oriya said...

Modestjustice,
the people don't worship him as a prophet! They just love him he's a very amazing person (Imam Hussein) and the stories about him are so true and full of strength....
but anyways thanks for tagging me! LOve ya!

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum,

Dear Sister,

I wish to know more about Imam Hussein. Care to share or provide me with websites or urls that is about him?

:) Thank You.

Salam,
Siti Nur Nabilah
(luvly_lila1992@hotmail.com)

Malekat_el7oriya said...

nabilah,
Absolutely!

Anonymous said...

Assalamaualaikum, No Offence sister, but they do worship his grave like a grave worshipper. Please read their concept of Islam.

i wonder who had a camera at time of Prophet PEace be upon him that how come they have pictures of Prophet SAW grandson plus his father our beloved hazrat Ali May Allah please with him as well.

if you think I am telling a lie, have a look of this video please :
jazakAllah khairan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2UmGaJRHU

see who founded shia... http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view_page.jsp?artid=189&letter=A&pid=0

Unknown said...

salam i wish i would also go to karbala with my family